KIDS POLICIES – The following policies have been established for the safety of your children.
- Children under the age of 15 may not be left alone anywhere in the club with the exception of Kid’s Club or Youth Lounge. This includes the snack bar, lobby, weight room, swimming pool, locker rooms, courts and exercise areas. Children ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times outside the Kid’s Klub and Youth Lounge.
- Children ages 5 and up are not allowed in opposite sex locker rooms. A private bathroom is located upstairs near the women’s cardio room.
- Children under 15 years are not allowed in the sauna or jacuzzi.
- Please refer to the Pool Rules for information regarding children’s policies and the pool.
KID’S CLUB CHILDCARE -(Ages 8 weeks through 14 years) Complimentary childcare is provided for children that are part of a paid membership.
We understand how important it is to you that your children are in a safe, creative, and loving environment while you take time out for yourselves. That is why we have provided a special little place for your little, and not-so-little ones. The Kid’s Club is divided into three areas: an infant area, a toddler area, and a youth lounge. Each area is well equipped with age appropriate furniture, games, toys, crafts, etc. The Kid’s Club Staff are thoroughly trained. We strive to make your child’s stay with us fun and exciting; a place where they want to return.
Infant & Toddler Area - (Ages 8 weeks through 6 years)
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30am – 12:30pm and 4pm - 8pm
- Friday: 7:30am – 12:30pm
- Saturday: 9am - 12:30pm
- Youth Lounge open during all club hours
This area is designed for children 8 weeks (with 2 month immunizations) through 6 years of age. Please become familiar with the following guidelines:
- Children must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian. If someone other than the drop-off parent will pick up your child, please indicate that on the sign-in sheet.
- Parents may not leave club grounds unless it is to participate in a class or to run outside. In these cases a cell phone number must be indicated on the sign-in sheet for the event of an emergency.
- Children 8 weeks and older may stay 2 hours per day.
- Please only bring water in an age appropriate container for your child. No juice, food, candy, or gum is allowed. You may bring prepared formula for your infant; however we may not always be able to feed your child.
- Please label all your child’s belongings including bags, clothing, pacifiers and comfort items.
- You will be contacted by a childcare attendant for diaper changes, illness, injury, or disruptive or unmanageable behavior.
- Reservations – Reservations are not required but are encouraged to insure we have adequate staff.
Youth Lounge (Ages 7 through 14 years)
Open all hours of the club.
This area is indirectly supervised by the Kid’s Club and Reception Desk Staff. It is only for children 7 years of age and older. A younger sibling age 5 or 6 may stay in the lounge only with an older sibling.
- All children must be signed in and out. The sign-in sheet is located in the Kid’s Club (during Kid’s Club hours) or on a clipboard in the Youth Lounge. This is necessary so we can contact you in the event of an emergency.
- No food, drink, candy or gum is allowed. This includes items from the snack bar.
- Children under the age of 15 may not be allowed anywhere in the club without a parent, including the snack bar, lobby and upstairs.
In order to provide a healthy environment for children and staff, we reserve the right to turn away sick children. Children with the following symptoms may not stay in the Kid’s Club or Youth Lounge:
- Fever, vomiting, or diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- Open sores
- Runny nose (if we wipe more than 3 times) with green mucus
- Started new antibiotic within the last 24 hours for bacterial infection
Parents will be notified if a child with a contagious illness, such as chicken pox, has been to the Kid’s Club.
We encourage behavior that demonstrates respect for others and others’ belongings. Diversion and positive verbal correction are used to discourage contrary behavior. Time-out may also be employed for a time period that is age appropriate. However, the following behavior will require that your child be removed from the Kid’s Club:
- Continued misbehavior after time-out is administered
- Biting or aggressive hitting or kicking
- Damaging others or club property
- Refusing repeatedly to comply with rules